[Openstack-operators] Swift: moving objects among accounts - edit DB or script it via http?

Andrew Hale Andrew.Hale at rackspace.co.uk
Thu Dec 1 21:51:34 UTC 2011

Hey Judd!

I think you're out of luck with any quick db hacks to do this but have you looked at using container-sync to move the content to the new account? I just tested it fine on a SAIO box though haven't tried in a multi server environment - it should be fine though and does the copy within the cluster rather than streaming in and out.

Andrew

On 1 Dec 2011, at 20:54, Judd Maltin wrote:

> Aloha Swifters!
>
> After a day of looking long and hard at Swift, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have to write a script, and I can't just tweak the underlying sqlite db files.
>
> I'm going to write a script to walk the containers in "account A" via http and write (stream?) the objects it finds into containers on "account B", also via http.  A pointer to sample code would be helpful here. :-)
>
> It's not the end of the world.  But I just want to confirm with those in-the-know that there is no hacking of the DBs I can do to move the objects from one account to another.
>
> Many thanks!
>
> -judd

Andrew Hale
Linux Systems Engineer II