[OpenStack-Infra] Can we use short domain names for build log servers?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Jun 2 17:35:35 UTC 2020

On 2020-06-02 10:08:49 +0100 (+0100), Sorin Sbarnea wrote:
[...]
> Current URLs are backend urls, something that was not designed to
> be facing the consumer.
[...]

James addressed the other points pretty thoroughly, but I wanted to
raise a slight objection to this assertion. Public-facing object
storage is intended precisely for cases of serving various
files/media to browsers so as to offload the traffic from your
normal Web server. Maybe instead of backend you meant background? I
don't consider there to be anything wrong with sites telling
browsers to directly fetch some files from object storage rather
than proxying their requests (most frequent use of this is for
images and videos).