[OpenStack-Infra] Merging this list into openstack-discuss

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Jul 3 16:23:24 UTC 2020

On 2020-07-03 17:02:29 +0100 (+0100), Sorin Sbarnea wrote:
[...]
> Apparently the v3 of mailman went into the "forum" direction and
> seems to have implemented a very friendly interface.

I already started a proof of concept for MM3 a little while back,
some notes for my initial investigation are here:

https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/mm3poc

That was before our current push to container-based deployments, so
the next task was to attempt a similar PoC with the official MM3
container images in order to find out how closely they align with
our systems management model. This is within the scope of OpenDev
efforts however, so let's please restart this topic on the
service-discuss ML if you're really interested.

> Python seems to use it https://mail.python.org/archives/

They did move most of their MM2 lists to MM3, but then their mailing
list moderators got burned out and new volunteers pushed to start
moving to yet another platform:

    https://discuss.python.org/

Anyway, I think all of this is entirely orthogonal to whether we can
retire the openstack-infra ML.