[OpenStack-Infra] proposal: custom favicon for review.o.o

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Wed Jan 29 10:38:03 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 06:35:28AM +0000, Sorin Sbarnea wrote:
> I guess that means that you are not against the idea.

I know it's probably not what you want to hear, but as it seems
favicons are becoming a component of branding like a logo I think
you'd do well to run your proposed work by someone with the expertise
to evaluate it with-respect-to whatever branding standards we have (I
imagine someone on the TC would have such contacts from the Foundation
or whoever does marketing).

If you just make something up and send it, you're probably going to
get review questions like "how can we know this meets the branding
standards to be the logo on our most popular website" or "is this the
right size, format etc. for browsers in 2020" which are things
upstream marketing and web people could sign off on.  So, personally,
I'd suggest a bit of pre-coordination there would mean any resulting
technical changes would be very non-controversial.

-i