[OpenStack-Infra] tarballs.openstack.org to AFS publishing gameplan

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Jan 29 05:18:55 UTC 2020

On 2020-01-29 15:56:24 +1100 (+1100), Ian Wienand wrote:
[...]
>  3) I propose we make tarballs.openstack.org a vhost on
>     static.opendev.org that serves the
>     /afs/openstack.org/project/tarballs.opendev.org/openstack/
>     directory.
>
> Because
>
>  * This is transparent for tarballs.openstack.org; all URLs work with
>    no redirection, etc.
>  * anyone hitting tarballs.opendev.org will see top-level project
>    directories (openstack, zuul, airship, etc.) which makes sense.
[...]

While it could be a later step, if the OpenStack project leadership
agrees I think I'd rather see the tarballs.openstack.org just host a
permanent redirect from /(.*) to tarballs.opendev.org/$1 so that we
might eventually be able to consider dropping the
tarballs.openstack.org hostname entirely. Also continuing to host
that tree as a separate white-labeled site may encourage other
projects to request similar vanity tarball sites.