[OpenStack-Infra] proposal: custom favicon for review.o.o

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Wed Jan 29 05:15:39 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 09:32:00AM +0000, Sorin Sbarnea wrote:
> We are currently using default Gerrit favicon on
> https://review.opendev.org and I would like to propose changing it
> in order to ease differentiation between it and other gerrit servers
> we may work with.

I did notice google started putting this next to search results
recently too, but then maybe reverted the change.

> How hard it would be to override it? (where)

I'm 99% sure it's built-in from [2] and there's no way to runtime
override it.  It looks like for robots.txt we tell the apache that
fronts gerrit to look elsewhere [3]; I imagine the same would need to
be done for favicon.ico.

... also be aware that upcoming containerisation of gerrit probably
invalidates all that.

-i

[1] https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/24/21080424/google-search-result-ads-desktop-favicon-redesign-backtrack-controversial-experiment
[2] https://opendev.org/opendev/gerrit/src/branch/openstack/2.13.12/gerrit-war/src/main/webapp