[OpenStack-Infra] Problems cloning repos from opendev.org in CentOS7

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri May 24 18:54:58 UTC 2019

On 2019-05-24 20:41:58 +0200 (+0200), Alfredo Moralejo Alonso wrote:
> On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 8:33 PM Alfredo Moralejo Alonso <amoralej at redhat.com>
> wrote:
[...]
> > For periodic jobs we run every 4 hours i see:
> > - Last successful jobs started at 23-May-2019 21:06:42 UTC
> > - First failed jobs with this issue started at 24-May-2019 03:06:37 UTC
>
> We just got one that failed and sarted at 24-May-2019 02:25:00 UTC
[...]

Thanks, between the timing and symptoms, we're starting to suspect
this could be related to how older Git clients' requests are being
distributed between our load-balanced backends with inconsistent
packing. We're weighing some ideas for how to improve things there,
so stay tuned. The good news is that within the next 24 hours the
backends will be mostly in sync most of the time, so the symptoms
you're observing may subside for the most part once that's the case
(but to be entirely honest, we're still not quite sure just yet).