[OpenStack-Infra] Problems cloning repos from opendev.org in CentOS7

Alfredo Moralejo Alonso amoralej at redhat.com
Fri May 24 17:20:45 UTC 2019

Hi,

Since last hours puppet-openstack-integrating jobs in RDO are failing to
deploy puppet modules from https://opendev.org/openstack/puppet-<modules>
in CentOS7.

The sympthom is jobs get stuck randomly when installing modules using r10k.
Investigating it, I've been able to reproduce  the issue running:

git clone --mirror https://github.com/openstack/puppet-<module>

About 50% of the times, commands get stuck for any project in
opendev.org/openstack. I've checked that it works fine if i don't use
"--mirror".

As it seems to work fine with fedora, I've compiled and installed latest
version of git from upstream and in a CentOS7 and then, git clone --mirror
works fine, but in this case r10k also gets stuck when running:

git --git-dir
/home/centos/.r10k/git/https---opendev.org-openstack-puppet-keystone fetch
origin --prune

In this case, it only happens with puppet-keystone.

Note that it always works fine using github.com/openstack mirrors instead
of opendev.org so the problem seems to be some combination of git repos
from opendev with CentOS7 git. Has there been any change that may be
affecting git repos behavior somehow?

Best regards,

Alfredo