[OpenStack-Infra] 2019 Denver Summit/Forum/PTG Recap

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue May 14 18:41:06 UTC 2019

On 2019-05-13 13:49:44 -0400 (-0400), Clark Boylan wrote:
[...]
> we discussed if OpenDev would be an appropriate location for
> throwaway repos and unfortunately we don't think we are there yet.
> Gerrit currently won't scale to that use case for us.
[...]

Thinking about this a little more, what if we allowed personal
sandboxes in Gerrit and just didn't wrap them in all the other
replication, CI and general formality we do for normal repositories?
Gerrit will allow you to grant access to paths with "$user" in
them[*], of which WMF's[**] and some other deployments take
advantage to that end.

[*] https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/access-control.html#_project_access_control_lists
[**] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gerrit/personal_sandbox