[OpenStack-Infra] Question: How to attach large files to LP bugs?

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Mon May 13 16:48:53 UTC 2019

On Fri, May 10, 2019, at 6:47 AM, Jones, Bruce E wrote:

> Greetings Infra team. The StarlingX project has a question – we have
> had some bug reports where the log files needed to debug the bug turn
> out to be quite large. Larger than can be attached to a LP entry.
>

> Is there a recommended way to handle this case?

I'm not even sure what the launchpad attachment size limit is, so I think this is the first time I have had to consider this problem. One option if possible would be to use an efficient compression algorithm like xz to compress the logs down to a size that LP will accept the upload. If that still doesn't get things small enough maybe compress multiple chunks and upload them separately?

If we can't come up with a workaround like the above options, then the next best option is likely to host the content somewhere else and link LP to that location.

Clark