[OpenStack-Infra] Opendev/base-jobs questions

David Shrewsbury shrews at redhat.com
Wed May 8 15:43:26 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 11:09 AM Leo Jia <ljia at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Openstack-infra team,
>
> May I have a question for the zuul-jobs in this repo:
> https://opendev.org/opendev/base-jobs. There is a Zuul job that uploads
> the image to docker hub by running this Ansible playbook
> base-jobs/playbooks/docker-image/upload.yaml. Inside the playbook, it uses
> an Ansible role called upload-docker-image, but I can't find this role in
> this repo or elsewhere. How does this playbook know where is the
> upload-docker-image role is and where can I find the detail implementation
> of this role? Because I would like to create a similar role that uploads
> the image to quay.io.

The upload-docker-image role can be found in the zuul/zuul-jobs repo:

https://opendev.org/zuul/zuul-jobs/src/branch/master/roles/upload-docker-image

That role is made available in the base job definition, specifically here:

    https://opendev.org/opendev/base-jobs/src/branch/master/zuul.yaml#L144

You can read more about the job.roles configuration directive here:

    https://zuul-ci.org/docs/zuul/user/config.html#attr-job.roles

-David

Thanks,