[OpenStack-Infra] Fwd: CVE References in LPs are messed up after centos feature branch rebase

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Fri Dec 13 17:17:05 UTC 2019

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019, at 8:48 AM, Saul Wold wrote:

> Hello Infra team:
>
> Apparently something got messed up with Launchpad and updating a number
> of starlingx repos with a feature branch.
>
> I was following the methodology of updating a feature branch with
> changes from master via merges and I guess when I pushed that to gerrit
> and it merged, it caused some Launchpad ugliness. See email below.
>
> Thoughts?

I think what happened here is you merged bug fixes (in this case cve bug fixes) from master into a feature branch. Then when you pushed that merge commit and merged it, the bot noticed that those bug fixes had merged to the feature branch and commented with those details on the bug. I believe this is "correct" behavior from the bot.

Is the issue the existence of comments like https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1844579/comments/18 on the bugs? Or is there some other metadata that is being added that I am missing?

If we don't want comments like that to appear you'd need to modify your merged trees so that bug fixes don't go from master into the feature branch. Or we'd need to come up with some rule set we can apply to the bot to filter bugs out in certain circumstances.