[OpenStack-Infra] Offering help / sysadmin background with heavy emphasis on systems automation (Ansible)

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Wed Apr 17 00:23:56 UTC 2019

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019, at 11:27 PM, Mihai Rusan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm Mihai, over 5+ years of sysadmin background and embracing Ansible
> and cloud infrastructure.
>
> Happy to help, I'm living in Romania, Europe. Time zone EEST UTC+3.

Hello and thank you for the offer to help. This week is a bit busy for us as we are planning a large git repository hosting migration, apologies if responses are a bit slow.

That said we are in the middle of a large transition from puppet based deployments to ansible and docker based deployments. We have written up a specification for this work which can be found at https://specs.openstack.org/openstack-infra/infra-specs/specs/update-config-management.html. I mention this as you mentioned ansible so I thought it might be interesting to you. The other specifications on that site should give you an idea of the other work we have in progress as well as other items may interest you too.

If that spec or others look interesting feel free to reach out to myself or this list and we can take it from there.

You may also want to hop into #openstack-infra on freenode's IRC servers and say hello as well as listen in as we discuss things. That should give you a good flavor for the day to day efforts.

The last thing I'll mention is that a good portion of our day to day efforts involve reviewing code changes to our configuration management tooling. https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack-infra/system-config+status:open will list out a good portion of those changes if you'd like to take a look and see what that entails. Feel free to do a review or two as well :)

Hope this helps,
Clark