[OpenStack-Infra] Adding index and views/dashboards for Kata to ELK stack

Whaley, Graham graham.whaley at intel.com
Wed Oct 3 10:16:42 UTC 2018

Hi Infra team.

First, a brief overview for folks who have not been in this loop.
Kata Containers has a CI that runs some metrics, and spits out JSON results. We'd like to store those results in the OSF logstash ELK infra (http://logstash.openstack.org/#/dashboard/file/logstash.json), and set up some Kibana views and dashboards so we can monitor historical trends and project health (and longer term maybe some advanced trend regression triggers).

There is a relevant github Issue/thread showing a working PoC here:
https://github.com/kata-containers/ci/issues/60#issuecomment-426579084

I believe we are at the point where we should set up a trial index and keys (for the filebeat/logstash/elastic injection) etc. so we can start to tie the parts together.
What do I need to make that next step happen? Do I need to open a formal request ticket/Issue somewhere, or can we just thrash it out here?

This email is part aimed at ClarkB :-), but obviously may involve others etc. Input most welcome.

Thanks!

 Graham

Intel Corporation (UK) Limited
Registered No. 1134945 (England)