[OpenStack-Infra] afs02 r/o volume mirrors - ongoing incident

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Thu May 24 10:45:37 UTC 2018

On 05/24/2018 05:40 PM, Ian Wienand wrote:
> In an effort to resolve this, the afs01 & 02 servers were restarted to
> clear all old transactions, and for the affected mirrors I essentially
> removed their read-only copies and re-added them with:

It seems this theory of removing the volumes and re-adding them is not
sufficient to get things working; "vos release" is still failing.  I
have sent a message to the openafs-devel list [1] with details and
logs.

We should probably see if any help can be gained from there.

If not, I'm starting to think that removing all R/O volumes, a "rm -rf
/vicepa/*" on afs02 and then starting the R/O mirrors again might be
an option?

If we critically need the mirrors updated, we can "vos remove" the R/O
volumes from any mirror and run an update just on afs01.  However note
that mirror-update.o.o is still in the emergency file and all cron
jobs stopped.

-i

[1] https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-devel/2018-May/020491.html