[OpenStack-Infra] Team get together/dinner at Vancouver Summit

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Mon May 7 21:41:19 UTC 2018

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018, at 9:32 AM, Clark Boylan wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Many of us will be at the Vancouver summit in just under a month and
> thought we might try to organize a get together/dinner of some sort.
> I've quickly thrown up https://ethercalc.openstack.org/7vm2xrsk1yju to
> start collecting availability info. If you are interested please mark
> down when you can join us.
>
> As for venue options I have yet to start looking and missed the last
> Vancouver summit so if you have any suggestions lets me know.

It looks like Monday will be the best night. The Marketplace mixer starts at 6pm so maybe we say 7pm for dinner?

As for a venue the Steamworks brewpub which is a ten minute walk from the convention center appears to have lots of space and the Internet says they handle groups well. I don't think I will try to set up a formal group meal as that is a lot of work, but I think worst case we'll be able to squeeze in there on a couple tables. EmilienM had other suggestions but they look small and one had a cover.

If you have a better idea (because you've been there before or are local or the food doesn't look good) please suggest one now. More than happy to sort out other plans if I have help.

Clark