[OpenStack-Infra] Recap of the Cross Community Infra/CI/CD event before ONS

Fatih Degirmenci fatih.degirmenci at ericsson.com
Thu Mar 29 22:07:25 UTC 2018

Hi,

I would like to sincerely thank OpenStack community for actively engaging in this initiative.
You have great experience in the key topics we discussed and we can all learn from them to address the challenges we all face.

About the initial key themes listed on OpenCI Wiki; it is crucial to get more people involved in them. Please share your thoughts, ideas, concerns and what you've already been doing in those areas.

As Clark mentioned below, OpenDev is the next event we will be meeting and having working sessions/collaborative discussions as part of the event.
Please keep an eye on the schedule to see what topics will be discussed and when. [1]
The schedule should be finalized soon.

[1] http://2018.opendevconf.com/schedule/

/Fatih

On 2018-03-29, 12:06, "Clark Boylan" <cboylan at sapwetik.org> wrote:

    > Great report,
    >
    > What was the feedback about continuing these meetings ever 6 / 12 months? Do you
    > think it was a one off or something that looks to grow into a recurring
    > event?

    Great question and something I probably should have touched on. The current planning there is to hop around to different community events through the year so that a wider range of participants can take part and to avoid becoming focused on any one community.

    I want to say the current rough plan (please confirm before booking any travel) is to have some sort of gathering around OpenDev (which is going along the OpenStack Summit in May), AnsibleFest, and Kubecon in Seattle at the end of the year. That should give us a good diversity in community and attendance (ONS was an LF event).

    > I'm interested in the message bus topic myself, it reminds me to rebase some
    > fedmsg patches :)

    Yes, your name came up during this topic as someone that has been working with some of these tools already. Definitely reach out and get involved.