[OpenStack-Infra] Adding new etcd binaries to tarballs.o.o

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Tue Mar 27 21:22:53 UTC 2018

On 03/28/2018 01:04 AM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> I would be remiss if I failed to remind people that the *manually*
> installed etcd release there was supposed to be a one-time stop-gap,
> and we were promised it would be followed shortly with some sort of
> job which made updating it not-manual. We're coming up on a year and
> it looks like people have given in and manually added newer etcd
> releases at least once since. If this file were important to
> testing, I'd have expected someone to find time to take care of it
> so that we don't have to. If that effort has been abandoned by the
> people who originally convinced us to implement this "temporary"
> workaround, we should remove it until it can be supported properly.

In reality we did fix it, as described with the
use-from-cache-or-download changes in the prior mail.  I even just
realised I submitted and forgot about [1] which never got reviewed to
remove the tarballs.o.o pointer -- that setting then got copied into
the new devstack zuulv3 jobs [2].

Anyway, we got there in the end :) I'll add to my todo list to clear
them from tarballs.o.o once this settles out.

-i

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/508022/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/554977/