[OpenStack-Infra] Adding new etcd binaries to tarballs.o.o

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Mon Mar 26 22:25:51 UTC 2018

Hi All,
    Dredging up the past a little here ... In Denver James, Monty, Paul,
Clark and I talked about the fact that we have an unoffical mirror for
etcd binaries on tarballs.o.o[1].  We all agreed that this was ...
sub-optimal.  So I took ownership of getting etcd 3.2 (for all
architectures) into 18.04 which has happened [2,3].

3rd party CI systems running on non x86 CPUs have been manually patching
the etcd version to get devstack working.

Can we please add the appropriate files for the 3.3.2 (or 3.2.17)
release of etcd added to tarballs.o.o

I realise that 18.04 is just around the corner but doing this now gives
us scope to land [4] soon and consider stable branches etc while we
transition to bionic images and then dismantle the devstack
infrastructure for consuming these tarballs

Yours Tony.

[1] http://tarballs.openstack.org/etcd/
[2] https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/etcd-server
[3] https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/etcd-client