[OpenStack-Infra] extending python-jenkins-core group

Antoine Musso hashar at free.fr
Wed Mar 14 08:40:16 UTC 2018

On 27/02/2018 21:33, Sorin Sbarnea wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I would like to propose extending the list of people with commit access
> to python-jenkins because that repository needs more attention.
>
> As you know this is a key dependency of jenkins-job-builder and
> sometimes we need to fix bugs (or implement features) in the library.
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/322,members
>
> Is seems that the current list of members is not long enough as even few
> trivial reviews were ignored for long time.
>
> I think that adding few others should give the project a boost, all of
> them already core committers on jenkins-job-builder-core:
> * Thanh Ha
> * Sorin Sbarnea (nominating myself, bit lame...)
> * Wayne Warren
> (picked based on who performed reviews recently)
>
> An alternative would be to add the entire jenkins-job-builder-core group
> as member of python-jenkins one.
>
> Please let me know what you think about this proposal.

Hello,

python-jenkins used to be on Launchpad and I had it added to OpenStack
to benefit Jenkins Job Builder.  I haven't done much reviews for at
least a year if not two and I guess that is the same for most people in
the group.  I guess once we had our basic use cases solved the interest
has vanished.

I am definitely in favor of having all JJB core reviewers to be added to
python-jenkins. Specially the three nominated who are the de facto
maintainers of jjb.

jjb:
https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/194
https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/321 (release)

python-jenkins:
https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/322
https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/323 (release)

python-jenkins-release only has Khai Do and he is no more involved in
the OpenStack Infrastructure as far as I know.

Since both projects are tightly related and require knowledge of
Jenkins, maybe it would make sense to merge the groups?

cheers,

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso