[OpenStack-Infra] Old infra specs

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Fri Jan 12 00:30:21 UTC 2018

Hello,

Recently Fungi removed old Jenkins' votes in Gerrit which had the effect of bubbling up older infra-specs to the top of the review list. This prompted me to start looking through the list. So far I have abandoned one spec, https://review.openstack.org/#/c/163637/, as the Zuul v3 spec and implementation made it redundant.

There are three other specs that I think we may be able to abandon for various reasons but they aren't as clear cut so want your feedback.

1. Tracking priority efforts with yaml, https://review.openstack.org/#/c/219372/. I'd like to abandon this one as we are attempting to use storyboard boards for this type of work tracking. We aren't using a board yet for our priority efforts but I think we could easily add a lane to https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/board/54 to track that work.

2. Any bugtracker support in reviewstats, https://review.openstack.org/#/c/172886/. Russellb wrote reviewstats and doesn't seem to think this is necessary. Basically its easy enough to modify reviewstats to grok bug trackers other than launchpad. We also seem to have far less emphasis on stats tracking via this tool now so super low priority?

3. Infra hosted survey tool, https://review.openstack.org/#/c/349831/. We seem to be far less survey crazy recently compared to when this spec was proposed. Granted that may be due to lack of infra hosted survey tooling. Do we think this is still a service we want to run? and if so would the community get benefit from it?

Let me know what you think. Also, this list isn't comprehensive, I expect there will be more of these emails as I dig into the specs proposals more.

Thank you,
Clark