[OpenStack-Infra] Adding ARM64 cloud to infra

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Fri Feb 2 06:15:10 UTC 2018

Hi,

A quick status update on the integration of the Linaro aarch64 cloud

- Everything is integrated into the system-config cloud-launcher bits,
   so all auth tokens are in place, keys are deploying, etc.

- I've started with a mirror.  So far only a minor change to puppet
   required for the ports sources list [1].  It's a bit bespoke at the
   moment but up as mirror.cn1.linaro.openstack.org.

- AFS is not supported out-of-the-box.  There is a series at [2] that
   I've been working on today, with some success.  I have custom
   packages at [3] which seem to work and can see our mirror
   directories.  I plan to puppet this in for our immediate needs, and
   keep working to get it integrated properly upstream.

- For building images, we are getting closer.  The series at [4] is
   still very WIP but can produce a working gpt+efi image.  I don't see
   any real blockers there; work will continue to make sure we get the
   interface if not perfect, at least not something we totally regret
   later :)

- Once that is done, it should be straight forward to add a
   nodepool-builder in the cloud and have it build images, and zuul
   should be able to launch them just like any other node (famous last
   words).

Thanks all,

-i

[1] https://review.openstack.org/539083