[OpenStack-Infra] [infra][storyboard] Project Update/Some New Things

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sun Dec 23 20:00:59 UTC 2018

On 2018-09-10 14:34:49 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2018-09-10 14:43:18 +0100 (+0100), Adam Coldrick wrote:
[...]
> > # Finding stories from a task ID
> >
> > It is now possible to navigate to a story given just a task ID,
> > if for whatever reason that's all the information you have
> > available. A link like
> >
> >   https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/task/12389
> >
> > will work. This will redirect to the story containing the task,
> > and is the first part of work to support linking directly to an
> > individual task in a story.
> [...]
>
> As an aside, I think this makes it possible now for us to start
> hyperlinking Task footers in commit messages within the Gerrit
> change view. I'll try and figure out what we need to adjust in our
> Gerrit commentlink and its-storyboard plugin configs to make that
> happen.

As of Friday (2018-12-21) our Gerrit instance at
https://review.openstack.org/ has started hyperlinking task footers
in commit messages, leveraging the above feature (the configuration
change for it merged months ago but Gerrit has been so stable lately
we've not gotten around to restarting it for that to take effect
until now). At this point you can omit the story footer if you have
a task footer, since all the story footer has been providing is a
hyperlink anyway.