[OpenStack-Infra] [Release-job-failures] Release of openstack-infra/jenkins-job-builder failed

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Tue Dec 11 01:16:26 UTC 2018

On Fri, Dec 07, 2018 at 12:02:00PM +0100, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Looks like the readthedocs integration for JJB is misconfigured, causing the
> trigger-readthedocs-webhook to fail ?

Thanks for pointing this out.  After investigation it doesn't appear
to be misconfigured in any way, but it seems that RTD have started
enforcing the need for csrf tokens for the POST we use to notify it to
build.

This appears to be new behaviour, and possibly incorrectly applied
upstream (I'm struggling to think why it's necessary here).

I've filed

 https://github.com/rtfd/readthedocs.org/issues/4986

which hopefully can open a conversation about this.  Let's see what
comes of that...

*If* we have no choice but to move to token based authentication, I
did write the role to handle that.  But it involves every project
maintaining it's own secrets and us having to rework the jobs which is
not difficult but also not trivial.  So let's hope it doesn't come to
that ...

-i