[OpenStack-Infra] Cross-community/generic mailing lists

Jonathan Bryce jonathan at openstack.org
Tue Dec 11 00:39:44 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

I was having a conversation with some people who are working across multiple communities involved in virtualization and container security and they were interested in having a higher level mailing list for open discussions. It doesn’t necessarily make sense to tie it to any particular project mailing list, and I was wondering how others on the OpenDev team felt about creating discussion lists along these lines on lists.opendev.org. This isn’t the first time we’ve seen this use case, and seems like it could be a nice service to a number of communities.

Thoughts?

Jonathan