[OpenStack-Infra] Access to CI

Alex Schultz aschultz at redhat.com
Fri Dec 7 21:05:23 UTC 2018

On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 12:08 PM Mohammed Naser <mnaser at vexxhost.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> We’re in the processing of moving a lot of our internally used Ansible roles to ones which are public.  As a result, we’d like to also add testing coverage for them, however, there’s two issues that we’re seeing
>
> We’d love to take advantage of the existing infrastructure for CI rather than use some other third party CI service for those roles.  Also, the Gerrit workflow is great and flows perfectly with everything that we do right now.  However, having said that..
>
> 1) There seems to be some namespace issues which could block us (for example, openstack/ansible-role-container-registry seems to be fairly TripleO opinionated, even running TripleO jobs).  If we wanted to write a similar role, we’d probably have to put another name.. or $some_other_solution

Why? If you don't already have one, can you not start with the
existing role and maybe improve it to fit all needs?  This is
partially why as tripleo we've started making independent roles so
that we can all benefit from them rather than keeping them within a
single project repo.  I don't think TripleO would have any issues with
adding new functionalities or tweaking things so long as it doesn't
break backwards compatibility.  This is what I was pushing to start
the collaboration around the OSA os_tempest role so I don't think
namespace collisions are a problem unless you plan on importing an
existing code base.