[OpenStack-Infra] Stop supporting bindep-fallback.txt moving forward

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Fri Apr 20 20:32:31 UTC 2018

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 05:34:09PM +0000, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2018-04-20 12:31:24 -0400 (-0400), Paul Belanger wrote:
> [...]
> > That is fine, if we want to do the mass migration to bionic first,
> > then start looking at which projects are still using
> > bindep-fallback.txt is fine with me.
> >
> > I just wanted to highlight I think it is time we start pushing a
> > little harder on projects to stop using this logic and start
> > managing bindep.txt themself.
>
> Yep, this is something I _completely_ agree with. We could even
> start with a deprecation warning in the fallback path so it starts
> showing up more clearly in the job logs too.
> --
> Jeremy Stanley

Okay, looking at codesearch.o.o, I've been able to start pushing up changes to
remove bindep-fallback.txt.

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bindep.txt

This adds bindep.txt to projects that need it, and also removes the legacy
install-distro-packages.sh scripts in favor of our bindep role.

Paul