[OpenStack-Infra] Stop supporting bindep-fallback.txt moving forward

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Apr 20 16:01:47 UTC 2018

On 2018-04-19 19:15:18 -0400 (-0400), Paul Belanger wrote:
[...]
> today ubuntu-bionic does seem to pass properly with
> bindep-fallback.txt, but perhaps we prime it with a bad package on
> purpose to force the issue. As clarkb points out, the downside to
> this it does make it harder for projects to be flipped to
> ubuntu-bionic.
[...]

My main concern is that this seems sort of at odds with how we
discussed simply forcing all PTI jobs from ubuntu-xenial to
ubuntu-bionic on master branches rather than giving projects the
option to transition on their own timelines (which worked out pretty
terribly when we tried being flexible with them on the ubuntu-trusty
to ubuntu-xenial transition a couple years ago). Adding a forced
mass migration to in-repo bindep.txt files at the same moment we
also force all the PTI jobs to a new platform will probably result
in torches and pitchforks.