[OpenStack-Infra] How to change the owner of a project?

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Wed Apr 11 19:09:32 UTC 2018

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018, at 8:56 PM, Sangho Shin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to know the official process of how to change the owner of
> a project owner.
> I am a committer of the networking-onos project, and I want to take over
> the project. Of course, ]the owner (maintainer) of the project agreed to
> that.

Typically the project management groups are self owned, this means that any member of a self owned group can add and remove other members. In this case because you have the existing owner on board with this change you should ask them to update the group membership for the core group to include you which appears to have been done.

The other group in question is the release group:

https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/1002,members

Which didn't have any members. I've gone ahead and added the individual that created the networking-onos project in the first place as this is what we would've done if this was done then. You will want to coordinate with them to add you to the group. If this isn't practical let us know and I am sure we can work something out.

As a final thought you may want to note somewhere that a transition was made just so that people looking for the right individuals to get help with the project know where to find you. Additionally may help if you need to transition to another owner in the future we can trace that back.

Clark