[OpenStack-Infra] Problems setting up my own OpenStack Infrastructure

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Thu Apr 5 00:59:36 UTC 2018

>    * Puppet doesn't create the //var/log/nodepool///images /log directory

Note that since [1] the builder log output changed; previously it went
through python logging into the directory you mention, now it is
written into log files directly in /var/log/nodepool/builds (by
default)

>    * The command /service //nodepool-builder//start /seems to//start a
>      nodepool process that immediately aborts/

You may be seeing the result of a bad logging configuration file.  In
this case, the daemonise happens correctly (so systemd thinks it
worked) but it crashes soon after, but before any useful logging is
captured. I have a change out for that in [2] (reviews appreciated :)
> Let me see how far I can get on my own. Thanks much for the offer to
> tutor me on the IRC; I will watch out for you in my morning. Our
> time difference is between 13 hours (EDT) and 16 hours (PDT) if you
> are located in the continental US, i.e. 7pm EDT is 8am next day here
> in Japan.

FWIW there are a couple of us in APAC who are happy to help too.  IRC
will always be the most immediate way however :)

-i

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/542386/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/547889/