[OpenStack-Infra] npm Zuul jobs - need help

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Mon Nov 13 19:00:01 UTC 2017

On 2017-11-13 19:47, Paul Belanger wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 07:39:08PM +0100, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>> Hi team,
>>
>> let me summarize the current status and my request for help here.
>>
>> Note: with npm I mean the javascript node tests.
>>
>> I fixed last week the npm test, lint, and docs jobs and converted them
>> to native Zuul v3.
>>
>> But then we noticed the problem that horizon expects chromium and xvfb
>> installed and xvfb started for their tests.
>>
> Do you have an example log of the failure?  Can't we use the test-setup role
> and add this into tools/test-setup.sh for now?

The linked bug contains a log
https://bugs.launchpad.net/horizon/+bug/1731421

I didn't look into using. Keep in mind that a few other repos using that
job would need it as well.

Btw. I was not happy that my change only works on Ubuntu and installs
xvfb/chromium using apt.

Andreas

>> This let to a reversal (change https://review.openstack.org/#/c/518881/
>> ) so that we continue to use the legacy npm-test job. Now the question
>> is how to fix this properly.
>>
>> Akihiro Motoki and myself proposed
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/518879/ and tested that it works in
>> horizon (https://review.openstack.org/518880). Is this the right
>> approach? Or is that so OpenStack specific that we need to move it to
>> openstack-zuul-jobs? I'm also not happy about some changes in there, so
>> would really appreciate if somebody could take this over and do it the
>> right way.
>>
>> A second problem is that the npm-docs automatic conversion was bogus. It
>> converted everything to use the sphinx build jobs. I fixed this with
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/518883 for the npm-docs template. Now
>> the missing piece is the publishing part of it - and then we need to
>> design templates for the publishing and review the usage of
>> publish-openstack-sphinx-docs for npm jobs. Have a look at
>> eslint-config-openstack in project-config/zuul.de/projects.yaml, it uses
>> the publish-openstack-sphinx-docs template which adds sphinx building
>> and publishing - we need instead a docs publishing one. I didn't check
>> how many repos have this broken set up.
>>
>> Could anybody tackle these two problems and take over, please? I'm happy
>> to review and learn - but don't have the energy this week to fix it myself,
>>
>> Andreas

       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)