[OpenStack-Infra] npm Zuul jobs - need help

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Mon Nov 13 18:39:08 UTC 2017

Hi team,

let me summarize the current status and my request for help here.

Note: with npm I mean the javascript node tests.

I fixed last week the npm test, lint, and docs jobs and converted them
to native Zuul v3.

But then we noticed the problem that horizon expects chromium and xvfb
installed and xvfb started for their tests.

This let to a reversal (change https://review.openstack.org/#/c/518881/
) so that we continue to use the legacy npm-test job. Now the question
is how to fix this properly.

Akihiro Motoki and myself proposed
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/518879/ and tested that it works in
horizon (https://review.openstack.org/518880). Is this the right
approach? Or is that so OpenStack specific that we need to move it to
openstack-zuul-jobs? I'm also not happy about some changes in there, so
would really appreciate if somebody could take this over and do it the
right way.

A second problem is that the npm-docs automatic conversion was bogus. It
converted everything to use the sphinx build jobs. I fixed this with
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/518883 for the npm-docs template. Now
the missing piece is the publishing part of it - and then we need to
design templates for the publishing and review the usage of
publish-openstack-sphinx-docs for npm jobs. Have a look at
eslint-config-openstack in project-config/zuul.de/projects.yaml, it uses
the publish-openstack-sphinx-docs template which adds sphinx building
and publishing - we need instead a docs publishing one. I didn't check
how many repos have this broken set up.

Could anybody tackle these two problems and take over, please? I'm happy
to review and learn - but don't have the energy this week to fix it myself,

Andreas
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)