[OpenStack-Infra] Adding projects to zuulv3-dev.o.o

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Thu Mar 2 23:57:26 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 02, 2017 at 02:15:54PM -0800, James E. Blair wrote:
> Paul Belanger <pabelanger at redhat.com> writes:
>
> > Greetings!
> >
> > I wanted to start a thread about what people thought about expanding our
> > coverage of projects a little. I've been working on ansible roles for CI things
> > for a while, and figure it might be a good first step to have zuulv3 test a
> > role[1] to install zuul with ansible.
> >
> > So far, it is up to date with feature/zuulv3 branch and support ubuntu-trusty,
> > ubuntu-xenial, fedora-25 and centos-7.  I've been using it locally for testing
> > environments for a while now and would love to start importing it into zuulv3.
>
> Well, I don't want to expand Zuul v3 coverage for its own sake yet, for
> all of the reasons mentioned in Monty and Robyn's emails (stability!
> security!).  However, I do think we should start exercising some role
> dependencies, and getting an ansible-based all-in-one deployment is a
> near-term goal, so I think that would be a good restrained addition to
> our coverage.
>
> Having a job on the zuulv3 repo which uses that role to deploy an
> all-in-one zuul would be a good way of advancing both of those goals.

Right, so what I have been working on, playbooks exist in windmill[1] for this.
It will stand up zuul+nodepool+zookeeper for all-in-one, or multi-node.  I've
mostly been using the repo to validate things install and start properly, even
build some DIBs (see recent console log[2]).

Long term, I was wanting to expend integration testing with it, over expainding
it for production / 3rd party usage.  But, it works today, and is an easy way to
install everything and make sure things are running.

If we want to keep iterating on openstack-infra/zuul, I can copy some playbook
over or propose a patch to layout.yaml. I'm happy to do what people would like.

[1] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/windmill/tree/playbooks
[2] http://logs.openstack.org/11/439611/6/gate/gate-windmill-deploy-ubuntu-xenial/a68d81a/console.html