[OpenStack-Infra] [infracloud] upgrade from mitaka to ocata

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Thu Mar 2 20:29:26 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 02, 2017 at 03:06:26PM -0500, Emilien Macchi wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm working on updating the Puppet manifests to deploy Infracloud on
> OpenStack Ocata:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/436503/
>
> The plan is to support both Mitaka & Ocata in the infracloud module
> until we make the switch.
> Please help in reviewing this patch and let me know any question in the review.
>
> I plan to work on the next steps once this patch is merged: update
> system-config with new parameters, etc.

Cool, I'll take a look.

I think it would make sense to get something on the books a few weeks out, maybe
starting with infracloud-vanilla.  I know I am interested in trying bifrost
again, but happy to work with others if they would like to get involved.

When we get to the point to upgrade infracloud-chocolate, we should split out
the hardware into the infracloud-strawberry region.

Another thing we need to consider, is if our hardware is moving locations or
not.

-PB