[OpenStack-Infra] [infra] confusion on projec/jobs between zuul and jenkins job builder

Xinliang Liu xinliang.liu at linaro.org
Wed Jun 14 09:23:39 UTC 2017

On 13 June 2017 at 17:00, Xinliang Liu <xinliang.liu at linaro.org> wrote:

> Hi Lenny,
>
> On 13 June 2017 at 14:24, Lenny Verkhovsky <lennyb at mellanox.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Xinliang,
>>
>> Can you provide more details?
>>
>> If you can share the files in [1]
>>
>> In general JJB yaml files are translated into Jenkins Jobs
>>
>> And zuul yaml ( layout.yaml ) is used by zuul to trigger a specific job
>> according to the patchset
>>

> ​The jobs/projects described here[1] and here[2] are different, right?
> I know that [2] are the jenkins project/jobs. And the [1] projecj/jobs are
> about gearman jobs?
>
> The confusion is that what's the  relationship between these two kind of
> project/jobs?
> How zuul trigger [2] porect/jobs to run?

​After look a bit deep into the [1],  [2] config fiiles and zuul doc[3] ,
jenkins-job-builder docs[4].
Now, I am not that confusion. And know how [1] and [2] connect with each
other:
The projects part in zuul layout.yaml file describe the pipeline and
jenkins jobs to run for each gerrit project.
The jobs part in zuul layout.yaml file just describe some
additional attributes of the jenkins jobs. As zuul docs jobs part[5] said.
e.g.
kolla project[6] and kolla jenkins jobs[7].

​[3] https://docs.openstack.org/infra/zuul/zuul.html
[4] https://docs.openstack.org/infra/jenkins-job-builder/definition.html​
[5] https://docs.openstack.org/infra/zuul/zuul.html#jobs
[6]