[OpenStack-Infra] About aarch64 third party CI

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Mon Jun 12 17:54:49 UTC 2017

Ricardo Carrillo Cruz <ricardo.carrillo.cruz at gmail.com> writes:

> This is a nodepool.yaml that can help you get going:
>
> http://paste.openstack.org/show/612191/

Glad it worked!

You can drop 'zmq-publishers' from the config entirely.

If 'images-dir' and 'diskimages' are required, then I would consider
that a bug; we should have default values for those so you don't need to
provide them in this case.

That config snippet also illustrates something I didn't quite realize at
the time I reviewed https://review.openstack.org/472959.  I don't think
we should be using UUIDs as keys in nodepool because they are hard for
humans to distinguish from each other.  It could make for somewhat
error-prone configuration.

So instead of:

    cloud-images:
      - name: 9e884aab-a46e-46de-b57c-a044da0f45cd
    pools:
      - name: main
        labels:
          - name: xenial
            cloud-image: 9e884aab-a46e-46de-b57c-a044da0f45cd

If someone wants to specify an image by id, we should have:

    cloud-images:
      - name: mycloudimagename
        id: 9e884aab-a46e-46de-b57c-a044da0f45cd
    pools:
      - name: main
        labels:
          - name: xenial
            cloud-image: mycloudimagename

And then if you omit the 'id' field, we should just implicitly use
'name' as before.  This way it's easy to see which of several
cloud-images a label uses, and, when it's time to update the UUID for
that cloud image, that only needs to happen in one place.

-Jim