[OpenStack-Infra] Unable to add myself to the python-redfish-core group I created

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Mon Jan 23 20:53:59 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 09:10:56PM +0100, Bruno Cornec wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm unable to add myself to the python-redfish-core group I created.
>
> When using the Web interface at https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/99,members the fields are greyed and I cannot follow the doc at https://review.openstack.org/Documentation/access-control.html to add myself to the group.

You cannot self approve yourself to a gerrit group, so in the example of
trove-core, you need to ask the trove PTL for the rights.

> I tried to use another method:
>
> ssh -p 29418 bruno-cornec at review.openstack.org gerrit set-members python-redfish-core --add bruno-cornec
> fatal: internal server error
>
> So I think I need help from an admin to be able to modify that group.
>
> I have the same issue with the other group python-redfish-release at https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/1649,members
> This is annoying as I cannot +2 our first patch https://review.openstack.org/#/c/410852/7 since the integration of the project !
>
> Any help to solve this is welcome.
> Thanks in advance and best regards,
> Bruno.
> --

It is currently a manual process to be added to the gerrit group[1]. I've gone a
head an done that.

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/creators.html#update-the-gerrit-group-members