[OpenStack-Infra] timeout, shells and ansible 2.2

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Wed Jan 11 06:34:49 UTC 2017

On 01/11/2017 04:53 PM, Ian Wienand wrote:
> The thing is, ansible 2.0.2.0 seems to do all the ssh stuff very
> differently so this doesn't appear to happen.

I tell a lie; this same thing actually happens with 2.0.2.0

I'm wondering if just nobody has run "run_all.sh" by hand (on a
terminal) since [1].  I know we've frequently run the playbooks
individually by hand, but not under timeout like that.

After some more searching I've proposed [2]

At the bottom of all this yak shaving, I think it's fine to upgrade
puppetmaster to 2.2.1-rc3 to work around any potential for the recent
CVE.  I've proposed [3] and [4] for that.

-i

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/311913/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/418722 Run timeout with --foreground
[3] https://review.openstack.org/418652