[OpenStack-Infra] PTG team dinner?

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Tue Feb 14 23:01:11 UTC 2017

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017, at 08:45 AM, Clark Boylan wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2017, at 12:52 PM, Clark Boylan wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 7, 2017, at 04:28 PM, Clark Boylan wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > We failed at doing a lunch or dinner together in Barcelona because
> > > ETOOMANYTHINGS. Wondering if there is interest in attempting to do a
> > > dinner during the PTG? Would likely have to be Monday night since I
> > > expect some people will leave late Tuesday.
> > >
> > > Not sure how many of us are interested and will be at the PTG, but maybe
> > > we can try putting something together if we get a rough headcount?
> > >
> > > I'm in for what its worth. Also noticed there is a Trader Vic's nearby,
> > > we could all dress in Hawaiian shirts like fungi :)
> >
> > It was suggested that we could use an etherpad to get a headcount and
> > available times for people. I went ahead and quickly put
> > https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/2017-atl-ptg-infra-dinner together.
> > Please update that if interested and then we can figure out what will
> > work using that info.
>
> Based on the etherpad's contents looks like Monday is indeed the best
> day for us. Let's go ahead and pencil in Monday as the evening for a
> team dinner. Apparently there will be an Atlanta guide published soon
> (or has been published) will look through that then suggest a better
> list of options for location and go from there.
>
> If anyone else is interested please still get yourself on the etherpad
> so that we can get an accurate count of seats needed. For anyone that
> has organized one of these before is it typically helpful to try for a
> reservation with a couple extra seats regardless? Looks like we have 11
> interested currently.

With the help of the small restaurant guide on the wiki I have
discovered Poor Calvin's. This place looks neat, supposedly fusion of
Thai and Southern food and is well reviewed. It is 0.8 miles or ~15
minute walk from the Sheraton according to Google so should be walkable
for most. Rather than draw out restaurant selection I was thinking I
would go ahead and try to make a reservation for however many people are
signed up on the etherpad for as close to 7pm as I can manage Monday
night. I will wait until tomorrow before doing this in order to provide
veto time if this location does not work for someone, in which case
please do help suggest an alternative.

If I can't get a reservation for us at Poor Calvin's I was looking at
Sway as a backup since it also has southern food and seems to be well
reviewed despite being hotel restaurant. Again please veto if necessary
and suggest alternatives.

Lastly I did update the etherpad with links to these restaurants (and a
few others) if you need more info.

Thank you,
Clark