[OpenStack-Infra] Connectivity issues in the gate

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Sep 28 11:35:32 UTC 2016

On 09/28/2016 03:16 AM, Thomas Herve wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I believe since yesterday we started seeing really bad external
> connectivity issues in Heat function tests.
>
> http://logs.openstack.org/52/359852/4/gate/gate-heat-dsvm-functional-convg-mysql-lbaasv2/7f45043/console.html
> is one of the numerous example. We try to fetch a fedora image from
> one of the mirror, and it fails.
>
> It seems to be mostly (only?) on OSIC nodes. While in the past it's
> been flaky, now we're getting 50%+ failure rate. And it's not just
> slow, but failing to get any bytes out. It works sometimes though.
>
> Let me know if we can help debugging that.
>
> Thanks,

For most tests in the gate we try to isolate from having to download
content from external resources entirely. That's why there are per cloud
package mirrors, per cloud pip mirrors.

Break downs of wide internet connectivity is very hard to diagnose, and
just as often the fault of the upstream source as the downstream
network. My suggestion is to work with the infra team to mirror whatever
content you need within their existing mirror structures.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net