[OpenStack-Infra] A tool for slurping gerrit changes in to bug updates

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Thu May 26 02:08:57 UTC 2016

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 02:43:36PM -0400, Sean Dague wrote:
> On 05/25/2016 01:54 PM, Spencer Krum wrote:
> >
> > When working on a previous project, Nikki wrote this tool as a general
> > purpose hook into gerrit:
> >
> > https://github.com/notnownikki/zoidberg
> >
> > I don't think she is actively maintaining or using it right now though.
>
> One thing I've been thinking a bit about is whether the event stream
> could get into something like MQTT easily. In completely unrelated
> activities (https://home-assistant.io/) I've been playing with mosquitto
> (http://mosquitto.org/) quite a bit, and the ease of consumption of mqtt
> is quite nice. (You can even do it straight in javascript for web based
> things).

It looked like this would be a fun little side project to experiment with, so I
took a bit of time and wrote:

https://github.com/mtreinish/germqtt

It's still kinda rough and basic. For right now all it does is publishes a json
blob of every event from the gerrit stream over mqtt. But, if it's something we
wanted to continue with it's a good starting point.

-Matt Treinish