[OpenStack-Infra] Correct URL to synch local pypi mirror from

Bob Hansen hansenb at us.ibm.com
Wed May 11 22:16:43 UTC 2016

Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote on 05/11/2016 05:48:03 PM:

> From: Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org>
> To: Bob Hansen/Endicott/IBM at IBMUS
> Cc: openstack-infra at lists.openstack.org
> Date: 05/11/2016 05:48 PM
> Subject: Re: [OpenStack-Infra] Correct URL to synch local pypi mirror
from

> On 2016-05-11 17:18:59 -0400 (-0400), Bob Hansen wrote:
> [...]
> > Looked at your link, I was using the search box on pypi. Not sure
> > why search doesn't return all the versions which is a bit
> > concerning, but I'll ignore that.
>
> If you browse the PyPI bug list, you'll see it's a wasteland of
> search-related complaints like:
> https://bitbucket.org/pypa/pypi/issues/399
>
> > If I do a pip search using my mirror I get 3.4.0
> [...]
>
> If I do a `pip search oslo.config` with no mirror (defaulting to
> pypi.python.org), I similarly see 3.4.0 returned. However if I `pip
> install oslo.config` it installs 3.9.0. According to the last
> comment at https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/3354 "pip search is
> currently a proxy to PyPI search API" so this makes some sense (and
> is therefore probably also not "using" your mirror).
>
> > I guess my mirror is messed up, not sure why as it's been running
> > for several months now with only a few burps.
> >
> > I'm going to rebuild the entire mirror again, and see if that
> > fixes it up.
> [...]
>
> So far I don't see any direct evidence that anything is wrong with
> your mirror. The issues you've mentioned seem to be coincidental
> known problems with the PyPI search and should have nothing to do
> with your mirror.

I go back to this error then when the gate job runs. I don't understand why
it can't find it on my mirror as I now see it (or saw it and ignoring any
search).

Tomorrow I'll try this all again after the rebuilding of the mirror is
done.

2016-05-11 19:30:32.938 | Collecting oslo.config===3.9.0 (from
-c /opt/stack/new/requirements/upper-constraints.txt (line 211))
2016-05-11 19:30:32.941 | Could not find a version that satisfies the
requirement oslo.config===3.9.0 (from
-c /opt/stack/new/requirements/upper-constraints.txt (line 211)) (from
versions: )
2016-05-11 19:30:32.943 | No matching distribution found for