[OpenStack-Infra] An idea to help browse and troubleshoot Ansible Playbook runs

David Moreau Simard dms at redhat.com
Wed May 11 14:06:21 UTC 2016

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 9:29 AM, Tristan Cacqueray <tdecacqu at redhat.com> wrote:
> Though it seems odd to use another service to display that information..
> would it be possible to render the html interface as static files and
> figures out a way to index each run in elastic search ?

There''s already a TODO [1] for static file generation for "standalone" viewing.
As far as features go right now, I'm really opened to anything and
everything as long as it's in the scope.

Like I mention in the docs, I don't want ARA to be doing things like
controlling ansible, it's inventory or other things like that.
As long as it's around recording ansible runs and providing an
intuitive interface to browse them, I'm definitely open to be doing
things like that.

In the context of elastic search, we could definitely export to JSON
so that it could be easily indexed into fields.

Sky is the limit :)

[1]: https://github.com/dmsimard/ara/issues/3

David Moreau Simard

dmsimard = [irc, github, twitter]