[OpenStack-Infra] Re-using OpenStack CI - Stuck with Jenkins job trigger

Noorul Islam K M noorul at noorul.com
Sat Mar 12 19:02:35 UTC 2016

After spending couple of days, I think I am nearing to complete the
setup. I used puppet to bootstrap all the nodes. Now I have two issues:

On zuul node, when I start zuul using service command, it is not working
even though the process there is running process. I get Service
Unavailable message in UI.

   $ sudo service zuul start

   Now I am running it using

   $ sudo -u zuul zuul-server -d

I have a trimmed down project config which is available at [1]. Jenkins
job is not getting triggered for review patch. I see that zuul is
queuing the jobs [2].

I have tested Jenkins Gearman plugin clicking on "Test Connection"
button. Also I have all the required jobs [3] created. All of them are
pinned to run on machines having label ubuntu-trusty. I have a slave
configured on Jenkins and restricted to label ubuntu-trusty. If I look
at gearman logs [4] I see that all jobs are registered as functions for
the slave, "trusty-s2.maa.arubathena.com". Zuul debug log [5] shows that
when a patch is submitted check queue gets updated and also gearman job
is submitted.

Not sure why jenkins jobs are not getting triggered. Any help is really
appreciated. I have a demo session on Tuesaday morning IST where I am
planning to propose this CI system for internal use.

Regards,
Noorul

[1] https://github.com/noorul/os-project-config
[2] http://picpaste.com/Screen_Shot_2016-03-12_at_9.35.56_PM-5BBvJS4w.png