[OpenStack-Infra] Proposal: Weekly status update on Infracloud

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at princessleia.com
Thu Mar 3 19:05:58 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 11:47 AM, Cody A.W. Somerville
<cody.somerville at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> As most of us already know and agree, the infracloud is a really important
> project but also a complex undertaking with a lot of dependencies and moving
> parts. Some amazing progress has been made before and during the infracloud
> sprint last week. To help keep that momentum going, I'd like to propose a
> weekly status report e-mail to help track the progress we're making, the
> dependencies we're blocked on, and a high level view of the work remaining
> to achieve our goal. Ideally this will just be an exercise in bringing
> together information to make it more accessible and digestible for all
> parties involved: the infracloud team, our contacts/partners at HPE, and
> other stakeholders.
>
> If no one objects to the proposal, I'm happy to volunteer to do this and
> will send the report out each Monday. I suspect I'd use git/gerrit and
> storyboard to get most information passively and will follow-up via IRC or
> e-mail with individuals as necessary such as with those who can provide
> status updates for HPE. Will use etherpad prior to e-mailing the report to
> permit folks to help with contributing or editing if interested.

Thanks for stepping up to do this, Cody! I think this is a good idea.
Mondays good for this, since we'll have time to review it in time for
our meeting on Tuesday in case anything needs to be added to the
agenda for active discussion.

Please feel free to reach out to me[0] if you need any status updates
on the HPE side, especially as we work through the data center move
over the next few weeks. I can make sure I set aside time look into it
the Friday prior to your report.

[0] Probably Colleen and Yolanda can help too, but I don't want to
speak for them :)