[OpenStack-Infra] Gerritbot

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Tue Mar 1 02:47:39 UTC 2016

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016, at 01:26 PM, C.J. Collier wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I'm having a heck of a time getting gerritbot working.  It currently
> exits
> prematurely without any console output and returns 0 to the calling
> process.  No entries in the logs.  Very frustrating.  Can I get some help
> with this?

Looking at the source [0] it uses a default pid lock file path, if I had
to guess the user running the process isn't able to write to that
directory or it does not exist. You can specify an alternate path under
ircbot.pid in the ini config file if I am reading that correctly.

[0]
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/gerritbot/tree/gerritbot/bot.py#n344

Hope this helps,
Clark