[OpenStack-Infra] Infra priorities and spec cleanup

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Jun 21 17:58:45 UTC 2016

On 2016-06-21 17:34:07 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2016-06-21 18:16:49 +0200 (+0200), Thierry Carrez wrote:
> > It hurts a lot when it's down because of so many services being served from
> > it. We could also separate the published websites (status.o.o,
> > governance.o.o, security.o.o, releases.o.o...) which require limited
> > resources and grow slowly, from the more resource-hungry storage sites
> > (logs.o.o, tarballs.o.o...).
>
> Agreed, that's actually a pretty trivial change, comparatively
> speaking.

Oh, though it bears mention that the most recent extended outage
(and by far longest we've experienced in a while) would have been
just as bad either way. It had nothing to do with recovering
attached volumes/filesystems, but rather was a host outage at the
provider entirely outside our sphere of control. That sort of issue
can potentially happen with any of our servers/services no matter
how much we split them up.