[OpenStack-Infra] JJB's use of inspect plugin info requires administrator permissions

Andrew Grimberg agrimberg at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Jun 8 14:04:47 UTC 2016

On 06/08/2016 05:51 AM, Darragh Bailey wrote:

--[snip]--

>         Unfortunately it's come to our attention that this feature in
>         Jenkins requires the Administrator permission which can be
>         problematic if you have an environment where you prefer not to
>         give this permission out. I think the ideal solution is to build
>         into Jenkins a separate permission for viewing plugin
>         information. I'll try contacting Jenkins devs to see if this is
>         something they can do inside Jenkins.
>

> Curious to know what version of Jenkins you used? Is this a new security
> feature added by recent versions, or is it something depending on what
> other permissions have been enabled by default for various users?
>
> Because I can query a 1.565.3 installation of Jenkins for it's list of
> plugins as an anonyous user using the following URL:

The behavior changed between 1.651.1 and 1.652.2.

Specifically this was a security fix that came in with 1.652.2. See the
security fixes [0] that came with the release notes. Search for
SECURITY-250 or CVE-2016-3723.

-Andy-

[0]
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/SECURITY/Jenkins+Security+Advisory+2016-05-11