[OpenStack-Infra] Infra priorities and spec cleanup

Spencer Krum nibz at spencerkrum.com
Mon Jun 6 22:42:29 UTC 2016

> Ansible Puppet Apply
> --------------------
>
> http://specs.openstack.org/openstack-infra/infra-specs/specs/ansible_puppet_apply.html
>
> This seems to be basically done and in production, modulo some bugs
> identified in our session in Austin:
>
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/newton-infra-robustify-ansible-puppet
>
> I think it needs to stay on the priority list until these are fixed,
> or we need to enumerate those still outstanding as bugs in search of
> a fix (and consider the spec implemented just buggy) if they won't
> be fixed in the very near future.

It is online and in production at least. There are some rough edges we
need to work out for sure, especially around reporting. I am working on
solving these issues but I only have so much time for upstream right now
(read: not a lot).

If other people want to hop on this and don't know where to go or where
to start with it I'd be happy to flesh out steps in stories or a quick
chat. Otherwise I'll probably just work on it.

> Common OpenStack CI Solution
> ----------------------------
>
> http://specs.openstack.org/openstack-infra/infra-specs/specs/openstackci.html
>
> This seems done, other than the logstash/kibana module migration
> which is currently underway. It makes sense to leave this on the
> priority list until it's done (which should be very, very soon from
> the look of things).

I agree that the initial spec is complete. There is (and perhaps always
will be) follow up specs to expand the scope out to include even more of
our infrastructure.

--
  Spencer Krum
  nibz at spencerkrum.com