[OpenStack-Infra] Work toward a translations checksite and call for help

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Jul 25 17:05:34 UTC 2016

On 2016-07-25 11:08:35 +0530 (+0530), Vipul Nayyar wrote:
> Honestly, I was also thinking that using containers for implementing
> blue/green deployment would be best for implementing minimal downtime. I
> suggest having a basic run-through of this idea with the community over
> tomorrow's irc meeting should be a good start.

Waving containers at the problem doesn't really solve the
fundamental issue at hand (we could just as easily use DNS or an
Apache redirect to switch between virtual machines, possibly more
easily since we already have existing mechanisms for deploying and
replacing virtual machines). The issue that needs addressing first,
I think, is how to get new DevStack deployments from master branch
tip of all projects to work consistently at each rebuild interval
or, more likely, to design a pattern that avoids replacing a working
deployment with a broken one along with some means to find out that
redeployment is failing so that it can effectively be troubleshot
post-mortem.